Latest on problems with Waste & Recycling Services
Published: 22 July 2021
This message is to update you on the situation with our recycling and waste collections. We are experiencing crew shortages currently as a number of NSEC colleagues are self-isolating having been pinged. Fewer staff and the current heatwave conditions are impacting significantly on our ability to continue all services.
As a result, yesterday (Tuesday 20 July) not all of the garden waste rounds were completed. We have completed the majority of these today, with the exception of a round in Winscombe which will be completed tomorrow.
We have suspended all garden waste collections which were due to be collected today and tomorrow.
Currently it is only garden waste that is being affected. Recycling and residual waste collections are being completed as normal.
Tomorrow we will review the operation at 3pm and plan ahead for Friday.
If you are in a position to be able to share our social media updates on Facebook and Twitter that would be extremely helpful. Updates will be posted daily at about 4pm on both the North Somerset Recycling and Waste accounts and the main North Somerset Council accounts.
The main messages currently are:
- We have a number of staff self-isolating which has led to significant crew shortages.
- Unfortunately, our garden waste service is suspended today (Wednesday 21 July)
- No garden waste collections scheduled for today will take place. Please do not leave your containers out.
- If you have room, we'd recommend storing your garden waste at home and avoiding a trip to a recycling centre. If this isn't possible you can find details of the recycling centre locations and hours at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/hwrc
- If you were due to have a garden waste collection yesterday (Tuesday), please leave your container(s) out as the crews are aiming to catch up on the properties that were missed yesterday. They may not get to everyone today (Wednesday) so please continue to leave your container(s) out.
- We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.
- We’re working hard to try and minimise any disruption.